EMEA Managing Director
Earth Rated is driven by the knowledge that we can make things better. We are in constant pursuit of improvement and relentlessly challenge the status quo to impact our community positively.
Our Values: Be thoughtful/ Make life easier/ Dare to care/ Celebrate everything/ Lead with integrity.
Our Mission: Make everyday moments for people and their dogs simpler and better.
Our Vision: Empower dog owners to positively impact their dogs’ lives and the community around them.
At Earth Rated, we exist to make a difference.
That’s where you come in.
Reporting to the CEO (and eventually to the CCO) and collaborating with global cross-functional peers in sales, operations, marketing, finance, and people & culture. Earth Rated is looking for an EMEA Managing Director (MD) to support us in achieving long-term profitable sales growth, people growth, market share growth and customer relationship growth. More specifically, the MD is responsible for the territory P&L and will lead commercial activities across a growing team, be a key liaison and voice the region’s marketing, operations, financial and share growth strategies with the North America team. Pet industry experience is desirable.
- ● Develop and implement the strategic business plan with European and other International customers
- ● Maintain and monitor budgets to make sure that the business operates efficiently from a financial perspective
- ● Analyze sales results and identify risks and opportunities in the market
- ● Set and track KPIs for specific sales team
- ● Execute a strategic vision following market analysis to achieve budget objectives
- ● Be on the lookout for trends in the EMEA market
- ● Measure and monitor the results against the plan and take appropriate actions to achieve objectives
Business Development & Growth
- ● Develop privileged business relationships with actual and potential customers (Retail & Distributors)
- ● Review existing business and set goals that incorporate current and new business opportunities to achieve the sales objectives
- ● Utilize data tools to analyze business and identify opportunities
- ● Establish and maintain strong customer relationship
Leadership & Collaboration
- ● Manage, develop and coach the International sales team
- ● Work in collaboration with cross-functional teams to develop a strategic plan to meet customer needs as well as our business objectives
- ● Provide input and support toward marketing initiatives for the region
- ● Ensure that the commitments made to customers are respected in close collaboration with the finance, logistics and transport departments
- ● Communicate plans and conduct reviews quarterly with business partners to identify
opportunities and action plans
- ● Develop core competencies of merchandising and selling for business partners
- ● Mobilize and align team performance for ultimate success
- ● Active participant & contributor as the EMEA sales Lead for the S&OP process
Our ideal candidate:
- ● Can execute a global vision for growth using strategic thinking
- ● Possesses a strong knowledge of the EMEA market
- ● Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to establish and maintain good business relationships with customers, both internal and external.
- ● Solves problems and makes profitable decisions
- ● Demonstrates business acumen
- ● Has a minimum of 10 years of experience in Sales and 2 years of Territory P&L responsibility
The Managing Director’s core competencies we look for, measure, and develop:
Team leadership: Capacity to lead, grow, oversee and mobilize a team towards attaining objectives.
Strategic vision & strategic planning: Capacity to understand issues/challenges, trends and interrelationships through a broad and long-term perspective alongside the capacity to efficiently and logically organize the steps of a process so that the strategic vision can be achieved.
Decision making: Capacity to make good and timely decisions, even the difficult ones, and to assume the consequences of making them.
Capacity to influence: Capacity to translate strategic vision into concrete actions for successfully reaching sales target through initiatives (internally & externally).
Tolerance to ambiguity: Capacity to easily navigate in situations of change and uncertainty and when faced with blurred and abstract problems.
Communication: Capacity to give people, colleagues, CEO at the appropriate moment, the necessary information for them to be efficient in decision making.
Some pack perks
We’re proud to offer competitive benefits and perks, endless learning and growth opportunities, and a collaborative work environment. Including:
- ● Company-paid cell phone & plan
- ● Flexible schedule and work-from-home options
- ● An annual profit-sharing plan for all Earth Rated team members
- ● Paid vacation time off including an office closure from December 24 to January 1
Earth Rated is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging. We value all of our team members and candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy and recruitment strategy that celebrates diversity. We believe that every person should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.